I don’t write to be famous, I don’t write to be known, I write because I am and I want to be read. How sad to fill a room with paintings no one sees or play music no one hears. Writing is talking without sound, singing without score and dancing without movement and yet, it is all of them. It is a solitary art conjured from thought and expressed by the need to communicate.

HEAD SLAPS, SPEED BUMPS and LIGHTBULBS, one woman's WTF, oops and ah-ha moments of life.

They were published once, and as every writer knows, once is not enough.




Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Pen on pause


Wow!

When life changes drastically, in a good way.

When routine becomes memory and tasks change from have to, to want to, the everyday takes on new meaning.

That’s life now.

Retired from my all-over-the-clock 9 to 5 (which never was a 9 to 5) but a nights, weekends, and holidays ‘must,’  I could cry because I am so grateful to have a normal life back. Um, I have cried with the relief of it all.

The only downside, oh wait, there is no downside.

On a personal note, the past two months have been filled with family. I won’t go into the particulars but I have been able to spend time with a soon-to-be two year old and an nine month old, which has filled my heart in ways I not thought possible. Babies put everything in perspective.

But what about writing. What about the dream?

Still there and back in earnest next week.

When my daughters were little I never (not once) regretted the business I closed and management career I put on hold for eight years.

And now?

Not one second am I regretting my pen on pause.
BUT
Get ready boys and girls. Next week. I'm lookin' for ink.

2 comments:

  1. It's awesome that you are able to spend time with your grandbabies, 2Ns. My parents have realised that their grandkids are all starting to grow up and forge their own lives and the time they have to spend with grandparents is lessening. Enjoy the days while you can =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AJ I am drinking in every minute. It's wonderful. My oldest grandchild is four and already she belongs to the world. I am blown away by how much she knows and how damn smart kids her age are.

      Delete