I don’t write to be famous, I don’t write to be known, I write because I am and I want to be read. How sad to fill a room with paintings no one sees or play music no one hears. Writing is talking without sound, singing without score and dancing without movement and yet, it is all of them. It is a solitary art conjured from thought and expressed by the need to communicate.

HEAD SLAPS, SPEED BUMPS and LIGHTBULBS, one woman's WTF, oops and ah-ha moments of life.

They were published once, and as every writer knows, once is not enough.




Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Home Sweet Gut-Job


The only thing worse than buying an as-is fixer-upper is when your kid and her husband buy one. I haven’t had time to cook, clean or write at all because they moved in with us until the house is ready, eeeeeekkkkkk!
My husband is the independent contractor on the project and I'm the interior painter, house cleaner, shit-shoveler and baby sitter. The only thing the kids can do is write checks and make long commutes to work, (so they can write checks).
First homes are very exciting.
See you back here after the big reveal.

When was the last time you had to set aside everything, and I mean everything for a member of your time-sucking, wonderful loving family?

2 comments:

  1. I think, depending on the circumstances, I'd do what you're doing. I.e. if my daughter/son had lived elsewhere and then bought a home closer, etc. Having said that...not lately. I've come to realize I'm rather selfish like that. I like my time, my schedules, etc and I really don't like them disrupted. I'll do what's needed, when needed (i.e. we host Thanksgiving here for BOTH families = chaos) and I also help my MIL decorate her tree. But...other than that. Selfish me. :).

    But, in other news, speaking of my daughter, we have a pink baby due in March. My grandson will be almost eight by the time she has this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, pink babies are so sweet, I had two. And now we have a granddaughter. I don't think I'd know what to do with a boy.

    Yes we are alike. I love my family but I love my time too. It's a good thing my kids are near because I'd probably end up as one of those old ladies hunched over her keyboard and leaving the house only for ice cream and toilet paper.
    My job keeps me engaged and in shape, sort of, and my husband, well, God bless the man that can put up with me. We make an interesting pair.

    ReplyDelete